Thursday, January 8, 2009

Relocated





This is my third blog. You might think that I don't have better things to do than open multiple blogs just for the fun of it and waste megabytes of spaces in the blog servers. That's if you don't know the real history.

Let's have some history lesson, shall we?

My first blog, the "Fwendster" blog (name of the blog publisher has been changed scantily to save it from public humiliation), was - let's be honest - absurdly unreliable, 'spam'mable, and utter nonsense. Apparently the publisher thought it would be super cool to augment a networking service with blog publishing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I can tell you. But to provide a poorly implemented blog publishing that would send some users to madness -  that's just wrong. Call me picky, but I honestly think that "Fwendster" would have even happier users if they never even conceive the blog publishing service. There would be less people literally dying of frustration.


"Fwendster" blog - one of the biggest mistakes of mankind.

And what gives it the right to-- (stops midway of a sentence after realising that I'm starting to sound like a girl)

Well, at least my jabbering reflects my disappointment with "Fwendster". Come to think of it, I haven't logged into my "Fwendster" user account for over a year.

Meh~ I guess this kind of stuff really isn't my thing. I have better things to do like playing PC/PSP/PS3 games, watching American TV series (i.e. House, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Prison Break, The Big Bang Theory), surfing YouTube, and reading medical books.

Anyway, before I begin to return to my habit of steering off the main topic, let us finish the history lesson, shall we?

The second blog of mine, courtesy of Blogger, was considerably cozy in comparison. I totally ditched the old one and was happy to start a new home. Months later came the unexplainable accessibility issue. Note the emphasis.

(Now what are you looking at? Of course I was talking about my laptop. What ELSE could I be referring to?)


Two thumbs and two big toes up for Blogger!

Strangely enough, I couldn't seem to log in to my Blogger account from my laptop, but I didn't have this problem when I use other computers. That means almost no entries at all and this went on for 3-4 months. I've wasted hours trying to figure out what went wrong. At last, I forced myself to acknowledge that the problem was simply unexplainable.

Then one day my laptop magically allowed me access to my account. That drove me even crazier to think that it is as if my laptop is playing some kind of stupid prank on me. I sincerely believe that the purpose of my laptop's existance is purely to annoy me. No, seriously, you haven't got to know this little guy yet. And don't even get me started on his other problems.

Months after I got access to my account back, I neglected my blog, but not before posting several entries first. I was continuously swept away by life's turmoil, one after another. So I dropped the whole blog thing even though I enjoy writing so much. And let's face it: who has the time anyway to type stuff on the computer when you're struggling to prevent yourself from being swept away even further?

Okay, maybe I'm a little lazy as well... (a little?)

So earlier this week I decided to start writing again now that the storm has cooled down significantly. Tried to log in to my Blogger account but there's simply no way I can do that when I've forgotten both the username and password. So that's how I got my third blog.

I kinda miss my old blog though. If you want to have a look (well, if you're feeling a bit sentimental, or you could just be curious), I've placed the link below and also in the column to the right.


Well, I hope you will come to like this new blog (although you will also come to learn that it has the same look as the old one, albeit a bit neater). Peace to all of you!

- End to Lesson -

0 echoes:

Post a Comment

Storylisteners

Realtime Comments